Tens of millions of people brew their own beer at home globally. The American Homebrewers Association® (AHA) is part of a 501(c)6 not-for-profit organization based in Boulder, Colo., dedicated to promoting the community of homebrewers and empowering homebrewers to make the best beer in the world. Since 1978, the AHA has worked to educate people worldwide about the coolest hobby there is—homebrewing.
The American Homebrewers Association:
- Founded in 1978 by homebrew instructor, author, and past Brewers Association President Charlie Papazian in Boulder, Colo.
- Hosts the world’s largest amateur beer competition
- Publishes Zymurgy® magazine
- Is advised by a committee of homebrewers elected by its members
- Advocates for homebrewers’ rights in the United States
- Hosts events promoting homebrewing and hobby fermentation
- Is a division of the Brewers Association.
Join or renew and continue to enjoy all the benefits of American Homebrewers Association membership.